Saturday, July 1, 2017

Photobucket Changes Make the Blog Go Dark

You may have noticed that all the pictures on this blog have been replaced by a banner ad for Photobucket.  After 14 years, they have decided to no longer offer free image hosting.  As a business it is their right to make this change.  I understand why they would make it, and am fine with their business decision.

It is also might right as a consumer to decide where I spend my money and time.  I am in the process of migrating all of my images to a new provider.  I am unsure how long this will take, and migrating will not guarantee that the new provider will not make the same change.  Feel free to let me know if you have any suggestions on how to tackle this issue going forward.

In addition, making these changes and redirecting th images will take a good deal of time.  Thankfully, I only have 106 posts to edit..... ugh.

Thank you all for your consideration while I go through this time consuming process.    

Edit: I have managed to update and change a numbe rof images out, but I am sure some Photobucket grey guages escaped me.  If you see them, please let me know via comments or the Messageboard.

Edit 2:  I was wrong.  They caught up with some of the older content and now it has also been replaced with the annoying image.  I have uploaded the content to a new location, but it will take me "considerable" time to get this resolved completely.

I apologize, yet again; for the incovenience.  


No comments:

Post a Comment